Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Beginnings.
From the time I was 10 years old I've kept some kind of journal, not daily, but on occasions I thought I shouldn't forget or just as therapy. I don't know why that once I got married I stopped journaling. Perhaps so many things suddenly became so meaningful and I felt writing about them would trivialize them. I don't know. I do know that when I became pregnant for the first time I thought about journaling again, but was afraid to begin with baby #1 and then not continue for any other babies we'd be given. Of course then I'd always feel guilty, so I never started. I'm still afraid of that but will try anyway. So this blog will be dedicated to all my goings on with babies and mothering, all the things I'm thinking about, sorting through and trying and all the little things I learn along the way.
You don't always realize all the changes that happen slowly one day at a time, not just with your little one but with yourself. I am a mother and I'm becoming a mother. I don't want to forget one single thing as I grow along with my babies, but I know that's not really possible. I think of all the things I've already forgotten! With my first pregnancy, our first weeks with Lily, and much more between then and now. So here is where I'll try to keep all my lessons, musings and memories of motherhood. Who knows...maybe someday my own little girls will find all of this of some use.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Beginnings.
From the time I was 10 years old I've kept some kind of journal, not daily, but on occasions I thought I shouldn't forget or just as therapy. I don't know why that once I got married I stopped journaling. Perhaps so many things suddenly became so meaningful and I felt writing about them would trivialize them. I don't know. I do know that when I became pregnant for the first time I thought about journaling again, but was afraid to begin with baby #1 and then not continue for any other babies we'd be given. Of course then I'd always feel guilty, so I never started. I'm still afraid of that but will try anyway. So this blog will be dedicated to all my goings on with babies and mothering, all the things I'm thinking about, sorting through and trying and all the little things I learn along the way.
You don't always realize all the changes that happen slowly one day at a time, not just with your little one but with yourself. I am a mother and I'm becoming a mother. I don't want to forget one single thing as I grow along with my babies, but I know that's not really possible. I think of all the things I've already forgotten! With my first pregnancy, our first weeks with Lily, and much more between then and now. So here is where I'll try to keep all my lessons, musings and memories of motherhood. Who knows...maybe someday my own little girls will find all of this of some use.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment